Friday Apr 03, 2020
Dangerous drug combinations
Today’s podcast will cover dangerous drug combinations and the role of clinical drug monitoring. Some of the key information that will be shared includes:
- What are dangerous drug combinations
- What practitioners and the public need to know about them
- How dangerous drug combinations can work together to lead to side effects
- Certain combinations predispose people to a greater risk of overdose and death
- Combinations that can affect drug levels, creating a pharmacokinetic drug–drug interaction
- Certain combinations that may result in excessive sedation
- How drug testing can help
- A tool to identify dangerous drug combinations
- How drug testing identifies metabolites unique to a substance
This episode features Quest Diagnostics Senior Medical Advisor Dr Jeff Gudin and Medical Science Liaison Dr Jack Kain.
You may download the PDF version of this presentation here>>
To learn more, please visit QuestDrugMonitoring.com for information on our Drug Monitoring Test Directory and offerings, as well as educational resources and insights from our team of toxicology experts. At Quest Diagnostics, we are committed to providing you results and insights to support your clinical decisions.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.