Welcome to the Quest Diagnostics “topics in drug testing” podcast. Today’s episode is with Quest Diagnostics senior medical advisor, Drug Monitoring and Toxicology, Dr Jeff Gudin, and Justin Niles, lead medical informatics analyst for Quest Diagnostics Health Trends™.
The podcast will cover:
- Key findings from the Quest Diagnostics Health Trends report, Drug Misuse in America 2019
- Summary of analysis of more than 4.4 million de-identified drug monitoring tests performed by Quest Diagnostics from 2011 through 2018
- Findings of a Harris Poll survey of 500 primary care physicians, as part of Health Trends report analysis
- Highlights of the evolving drug misuse crisis in America, including Drug mixing and the overdose death connection
- Key challenges facing physicians today, with regards to identifying drug misuse, and treating patients with chronic pain
- The role and importance of drug monitoring and incorporating it into medical practice
To listen to other podcasts in our series or learn more about Quest Diagnostics' comprehensive drug testing offering, please visit QuestDrugMonitoring.com. There you will find our Drug Monitoring Test Directory, as well as educational resources and insights from our team of toxicology experts. At Quest Diagnostics we are committed to providing you results and insight to support your clinical decisions.